Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Something old

I don't have much to say late tonight. My mind is foggy and troubled. But I wanted to leave something for anyone willing, to read. So here is an old favorite poem I wrote when I sat in a dark world with a heart that left me to bleed.



"I've Been a Prisoner" 
inspired by 
Phil Collins- Take Me Home


I've been a prisoner, held in this box called wonder
I sit pondering the world around 
what is there to see
Flowers of yellow, bright to challenge the sun
Clouds that float high echo my thoughts
Air so fresh the wind blows a new life through my hair
All this so perfect
Here she comes
Perfection on perfection
The improbable she is
As glorious to my eyes as any sun or flower
Wiser than any old cloud
Fresher than the newest life
I see her
I die to be reborn to her again
It's excruciating as she runs and plays these gentile games
I speak to her so often, but riddled her honeyed tongue is
But away she leaves me stranded without a word
Left as a solitude prisoner of a world where no answer seems to lie
I love it, I hate it
I cherish it, I loathe it
Damn stupid box
Much time has passed now and not a noise of her gentle steps
Not a breathe of her blossomed lips
No caress of her soft fingers
Here comes the rain
Pouring down over my shivering body,
 it threatens to drown me
I feel naked to the world, everything trying to crush me
I've been a prisoner so long, held in this box called wonder
But there is a light I see, not far through the downpour of despair
Fight it I will, prevail I say, and move I do
I found a hole in this damn box called wonder, but I am too big to fit
I see her
There she is dancing, and moving with the grace she wields to me
I knock and I pound, but the box just won't give
I cry and I wail inside
I rise to a panic
I am lost in this hopeless little world
Please hear my cries and pleas
I've been a prisoner so long
Please let me out and take me home


No comments:

Post a Comment