Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

My accounts with my home buyer warranty company.

UPDATED! 10:09 pm 7/13/2011

This is for nothing more than to set the record straight on the incidents that are occurring, and unfolding at this current time. My downstairs A/C unit has gone out, no fan, and no attempts to run. I have made no attempts to repair the machine, due to strict rule enforcement by my home buyers warranty company. So I feel the need to oblige them. This is for my records and my accounts. This statement will prove time and date and be a legal record of accounts experienced.

Disclaimer* Due to the situation being very civil, and non hostile all company's names, phone numbers, account  numbers, will be censored until final resolution has been attained.


                                                                                                                                                                    
xxxx Home Buyers Warranty Company - xxxxHBWC for short reference

(xxx) 231-xxxx - Accounting Division
(xxx) 775-xxxx - Service Division
(xxx) 482-xxxx - Authorization Division 


WO# xxxx896
WO# xxxx227
WO# xxxx677 - current work order

                                                                                                                                                                    
                                                                                                                                                                    
xxxx Heating and Cooling - xxxxH&C for short reference  
(xxx) 483-xxxx
xxxx, AZ
ROC#xxxx97


xxxx xxxx AC and Sheet Metal - xxxxACSM for short reference
(xxx) 963-xxxx
ROC#xxxx21



xxxx Services - xxxxServ for short reference
(xxx) 354-xxxx
WO#xxxx959
                                                                                                                                                                    
Updates will be added following below. (newest to oldest)


Updated at 10:09 pm 7/13/2011 - Final Update

Tech Jesus from xxxxServ 9:00 am

Jesus showed called me around 8 am. He showed up at my house at 9 am. He was a nice guy, and came out to check the a/c unit. He discovered it had no power and we reset the circuit breaker. After jump starting the compressor there was no power to the unit. He then told me after doing some electrical tests that I only needed a new fan motor. He checked his van and had one left. He had received an email stating all he needed from me was to collect the $60 Trade Fee and would make the repairs.

I was thrown off by this due to the fact I had heard a hundred times that they needed to call the authorization line to get approval for the repairs. After telling me he didn’t need to I called them anyway. After a quick talk with the lady on the phone, I stopped caring to get her name. She told me he should be good to go and all he needed from me was the Trade Fee.

I returned to Jesus who had removed the fan and cut out the wires already. He then replaced the fan motor and hooked the unit back up. He jumped the circuits and we were up and running again. I made the call into his office to give them my credit card information and we were done. He cleaned up, had me sign an invoice and was gone. My house is now cooling well again. Thank goodness this is over, and now my family can return home.

Replaced fan motor end time 10:15 am invoiced and paid $60



Updated at 4:02 pm 7/12/2011



Barbara at xxxxHBWC 12:14 pm 7/12/2011

Thank you Barbara for being the straw that broke the camel’s back. This woman was a walking talking machine, of rules and regulations and standards of why she didn’t have to help me, and that this was not how things were done. I tell her fine, I’m sorry you don’t understand what I am trying to get across to you, and may I speak with someone else. She then rambles on more code. I cut her off and asked if I could please speak with someone else. She finally agrees and places me on hold.

Portia the manager

I had hoped I wouldn’t need to pull the supervisor card, because that left things on a level playing field. But things are not getting done by the underlings I need to move up in position to get what I need. A little peace of mind that these people are going to try and get this resolved, instead of willingly leaving me out to screw myself.

As it goes, Portia, comes on the phone. I ask how she is, she seemed surprised because I was sincere, and she replied and asked me the same back. I replied and then asked her if it was Porsche like the car. She then told me no and spelled it for me. I proceeded to tell her what had been going on with Barbara. I told her (Portia) how Barbara was not at fault for being rude, but she didn’t understand what I was attempting to accomplish.

She (Portia) apologized for Barbara and asked what she could help with. I now told her (Portia) the whole story, as she audibly typed into her computer either noting me or looking at my information. So instead of telling me, “You can go ONC,” she said, "I (Portia) can call some people in your area and find out when they could possibly come look at it." I then told her if I have to wait a couple of days fine, it sure as hell beats bringing in a stranger who you don’t know and I don’t know. Whoever comes in my house has to come representing xxxxHBWC. She agreed with me and told me she would make some calls and that she would call me back. So I waited.

Portia at xxxxHBWC 12:53 pm 7/12/2011 – call back from phone number (111) 111-1111 - this number will be left visible, due to its unrealistic aspects

At this point I receive a call back from Portia. She tells me she called a number of contractors and most do not service the area. The one she found could come out tomorrow, but there is a $130 Trip fee, out to my house. I tell her I can’t pay that, and I am really not ok with dealing with someone they won’t take the time to check up on. She tells me she can’t do anything for me on the Trip Fee, but that customer service could try and get it approved. I say yes to this and onto hold I went.

On hold for 10 minutes.

Annette  at xxxxHBWC 1:08 pm 7/12/2011 - customer service

I get on the phone with Annette, and she asks me for my information, and what she could help me with. She didn't seem to know what had happened with Portia, she (Annette) began to tell me about what she had in the system. She quoted off about wanting to have pre-authorization and such and I asked if this was noted from Barbara. She said yes.

I at this point tell her (Annette) how I had to ask for another person to talk to, because Barbara was beyond no help. I then explained what happened with Portia and the call back. She started in on me about using an ONC and how it didn’t make sense why I would want them (xxxxHBWC) to call them. She told me nothing would happen from this. I explained what happens is they(xxxxHBWC) can now confirm with the contractors about licenses and insurance, so yes things could happen from it. She told me only in an incident where the contractor made a mistake would they need to verify their credentials. I then told her well at that point, you would probably deny the claim and now I would be stuck with the problem, because you didn't want to verify their information. She (Annette) says to me that I can ask them (xxxxACSM) for their license and insurance information. I told her, how was I to confirm this with anyone. I didn’t have the resources to check up on it, and I wouldn't know where to start.

At this point she is frustrated with me, and the feeling was mutual. I told her to listen, I just want you to be able to call the contractors and say “hey, we have a guy who needs servicing, he is going through HBWC would you accept working with us.” A yes or a no will suffice in the end. I already had a company say they wouldn't do it, because they don’t work with HBWCs.

All I want is inter-communication. I was not going to be the solely responsible party for setting up a networking system between two companies. I am the consumer, I pay you for a service and I expect you to now provide it.

I then asked her (Annette) if Portia had even mentioned their networked contractor with the $130 Trip Fee, and if that was able to be covered, and we could avoid the ONC altogether. She (Annette) said they hadn’t, but if I liked she could call them (xxxxServ) and see about getting them approved to expense the Trip Fee, and if that didn’t pan out she would be willing to touch base with the contractor I found.  I told her fine with me, I was more than willing to wait for a call back. She tells me this is an in-call center and that they can’t call out. That I could wait on hold while she did this. I agreed.

16 minutes later.

I get reconnected with Annette and she tells me, yes, they were able to approve the $130. Things are looking up. So I said fantastic let’s roll on this. She tells me they (xxxxServ) said they could service my home tomorrow, and to give them 15 to 20 minutes to get the work order and I can call them to set the appointment. I said that was great. Let me get their information from you. I get the information (stated at the beginning of the post) for xxxxServ. I told her thank you and have a nice day. I then hang up.

Call to xxxxServ 2:10 pm 7/12/2011

At the time that I called xxxxServ on my home phone, they rang in at the exact same time on my cell phone. Thinking it was my wife I hung up the house phone and answered my cell phone. I was greeted by someone that was not my wife.

Call from xxxxServ 2:10 pm 7/12/2011 – phone number (xxx) 399-xxxx

I was greeted by a woman who asked if she could speak with me. I told her I was me. I told her how I was just calling them as they called me, ha ha, we laughed. Now that we were on the phone she wanted to set up my appointment for tomorrow, Wednesday 7/12/2011 between 10 am and noon. I said that would be perfectly fine with me.

I then asked her if they worked a lot with HBWC and they said yes they do. She then explained the Trip Fee from where they were to me, but they have business all across the valley, and someone could get to me, it just costs more money. That was taken care of and preapproved and we were good to go. I told her awesome, thank you and hung up.

Now I have to call back the other company now that I heard from an in network contractor. I am hoping things go well tomorrow. Maybe I am paranoid, but things still don’t feel on the up and up.

xxxx services at 1:40 pm were sent WO#xxxx959 - $130 trip fee covered by xxxxHBWC.
(xxx) 354-xxxx
WO#xxxx959



Updated at 11:54 am 7/12/2011

Steven at xxxxHBWC 9:26 am 7/12/2011

Steven stated that I did not have an emergency situation, because I had two a/c units on my home and one functioned. I told him this is Arizona, this is an emergency situation. My house in reaching 90+ degrees and yes it’s hot outside. He then says he will transfer me to customer service so that they can contact the contractor for me, because he refused to do so.

Amber at xxxxHBWC 9:30 am - customer service

Was told by Amber I need to wait for up to 24 hours to be contacted by the contractor. Dispatch went out at 4:47 pm 7/11/2011. She gave me the run around again about ONC regulations. I told her I did not have them, and as a matter of fact I was denied access to them the night before. She (Amber) apologized and said that she didn’t know why Ashley told me what she did, and she was incorrect, she (Amber) would talk to her (Ashley) manager, etc.

After straightening out the ONC regulations, and getting my email, she goes on about not contacting the contractor and that is for me to deal with. I convinced her (Amber) that this was absolutely ridiculous, why someone couldn’t just give them a call to make sure they got the dispatch. She then agreed to call them. I wait for a minute and she comes back and tells me, Oh well they (xxxxH&C) weren’t going to call you. They were going to ignore the dispatch unless I called and was willing to pay them directly and get reimbursed by the HBWC, because they don’t work with xxxxHBWC.

Well I can’t do that, so no go. After arguing back and forth about who does and what and so on, I finally had to agree to find someone, but she (Amber) also agreed that if I found someone they would verify them as good to go. So we will see what happens.

I spoke with a company and I have an appointment for Thursday, 7/14/2011 between 8 and noon. I will in the meantime be trying to locate someone else who can do this earlier hopefully.



Updated at 8:56 pm 7/11/2011 

Ashley at 2-10HBWC 8:03 pm 7/11/2011

I spoke with a nice young lady over at my HBWC named Ashley. She asked me if I was calling with concerns about my A/C claim. I told her (Ashley) I was, and that I was wondering what the status was on this issue. I told her I spoke with Molly around 5 pm and that it was well past hours for companies to be open, but what was going to happen, when should I be hearing from someone. She told me they (xxxxHBWC) had contacted xxxxH&C and I said yes I have all their information.

I informed her (Ashley) of the current situation and  how I had taken time off of work to remain in this sweltering home so I could take care of the 3 dogs that live here as well as me. They can’t be left alone to deal with this by themselves. I told her I had sent my wife and children off to stay somewhere comfortable and safe from the heat. I had no vehicle, and I’m remaining here so that in the event someone does finally show up they can be let in.

She (Ashley) then tells me that they (xxxxH&C) were ONC and I should call them to schedule an appointment. I told her that I had spoken with Molly earlier and this was to be taken care of in house, I had provided the information, and they (xxxxHBWC) should be making contact. She said it shows here you talked to Kyle about this appointment. It was Kyle who set it up. At first I was confused and I said oh yes Kyle did in fact set it up after I spoke with RC this morning. She (Ashley) then told me no it was Dana, and I said you’re right I spoke with RC yesterday. I spoke with Kyle to set it up after I spoke with Yvonne. I spoke to Molly an hour later near 5 pm to find out what was going on. I then told her (Ashley) the whole fun filled story of today, and about how Molly gave me the same information I had at hand, and that they (xxxxHBWC) had given them (xxxxH&C) my information just 10 minutes prior. She (Ashley) stated she has no record of me speaking to Molly, and that she (Ashley) doesn’t know where she (Molly) would have gotten the information she had.  

Now she (Ashley) asks me if I had received a copy of the ONC regulations and procedures. I said no I had not, and she then says no it appears we haven’t sent it to you. She then asks for an email address to send them to me. I told her this was unnecessary, I have done the leg work for you and provided you with an ONC for you. All that I ask is someone get in phone contact with this contractor (xxxxH&C), get their (xxxxH&C and xxxxHBWC) credentials squared away, come to an agreement and when said and done, call me. I told her (Ashley) I was going to stick by the very strict guidelines I was given, and that NO contractor of any sort was coming into my home, unless they were there on the express behave of xxxxHBWC. Unless they (xxxxHBWC) were good with the arrangement no one would be working on my a/c unit, and I would not be getting stuck with a diagnosis or travel fee if xxxxHBWC decided to deny payment.

I once again reiterated how I had done all the work for them in 10 minutes that they (xxxxHBWC) could not provide to me in 32 hours. She (Ashley) asked me to hold for a minute. When she comes back she tells me that xxxxH&C is in their network so sending me out the ONC regulations was pointless. I told her at that point, no that’s ok, send them to me anyway. She replied that she could no longer do that, because this was not an ONC situation anymore, they (xxxxH&C) were a part of their (xxxxHBWC) network.

She (Ashley) gave me a line about having sent a dispatch to them. I told her it wouldn’t matter if you sent a dispatch out to 1000 companies if no one reads it, whether from fax or email or postmarked mail, it will mean nothing if people do not communicate with one another. I told her (Ashley) I wanted a phone contact between the companies (xxxxH&C and xxxxHBWC) and an accord to be struck, then would the contractor be allowed in my home. She (Ashley) said to me that she would call and leave a voicemail for xxxxH&C and hopefully reach someone, otherwise the voicemail would be retrieved tomorrow and to expect to wait another 4 to 24 hours. I said that is fine, I will be expecting a phone call. I told her thank you and have a good night. End call.



Update at 5:52 pm

Call to xxxx Heating and Cooling 4:50 pm 7/11/2011

I made the check up call to xxxxH&C and spoke with the same gentleman I had spoken with before on the phone. I had informed him of my prior contact with the company, and then asked if my home buyer warranty company had made contact with them. He told me they had not. He then explained that they (xxxxH&C) do not do work for HBWCs, because they have their own network of technicians. I then told him that they had exhausted their own network resources in attempts to provide me with service. He said unfortunately they do not do work for said types of companies.

I now asked him he there was any particular reasoning behind this work ethic. He said that HBWCs like to force corners to be cut, they had had a few of these occurrences, and had themselves removed from all HBWC networks. I asked him if  xxxxHBWC was one of these companies. He told me yes in fact they were, and that the last time they worked with them there had been an argument. He said they had gone out to do a job which required 7 steps to complete, xxxxHBWC told them to skip 5 of those steps. They (xxxxH&C) willing defied them and stated they would do no such thing and that is not the workmanship that his company provides. I respected this attitude as a service provider myself.

So I called xxxxHBWC.

Molly at xxxxHBWC 4:57 pm 7/11/2011

I was connected to Molly, she asked for my home address, and who she was speaking to. I told her (Molly) and then she asked me to confirm with a phone number. The first this has happened. She asks me how she can help. I told her I was looking into the status of my claim. She then asked about the a/c and I told her yes. She (Molly) told me to have them to call the authorization line. I told her no one has been to my house, I haven’t even been contacted by a contractor to set up an appointment and that we were well past 24 hours.

She (Molly) then asked me to hold on for a second, and I agreed, she comes back quickly to tell me they had just gotten a contractor to perform the work and they would be contacting me. She (Molly) then said they had a new work order number and would provide me with the information to the contractor and the work order number. I then told her (Molly) to give the information to me. She then starts to tell me all the information I already had available. xxxxH&C and the same work order number. I told her I had this information and she (Molly) said ok then I can give them a call to expedite things. I told her it I have been waiting long enough as it is and I will continue to wait to be contacted, because anything that goes wrong, they will be the ones held liable for it.

She (Molly) said that was fine and to have a good day. I told her the same and hung up.

Call back to xxxx Heating and Cooling 5:23 pm

I spoke with the same gentleman (name withheld) I had spoken with now 4 times. I told him it was me again, and then asked if he had spoken with xxxxHBWC yet, he told me he still had not. I asked if he was the only one on the phones and he told me the number I had called and the number they would have to call was the same number and it is a cell phone. He said they are a small business with 4 or 5 guys and he takes calls that come in and schedules them there even if he is on the job.

I told him how I had contacted xxxxHBWC and they had given me all of his company’s information and that his company was supposed to contact me. I then asked him what time they take calls till, he responded 8 pm. I told him if he did hear from them, if he would not mention I had called, because I want everything left in xxxxHBWC's hands.  I then told him thank you, and that I would hope to hear from them prior to 8 pm, and that I will hold off calling xxxxHBWC until then. He said no problem and that he would call me as soon as he heard from them, if he heard from them.

So now the real waiting begins.





Updated at 4:16 pm
Phone call to xxxx xxxx Heating and Cooling 3:37 pm 7/11/2011


xxxx xxxx Heating and Cooling - xxxx xxxx H&C for short reference  
(xxx) 483-xxxx
xxxx, AZ
ROC#xxxx97

So I made one call to the company listed above in my attempts to locate a contractor who could provide me with the services I needed. After speaking briefly with the gentleman on the phone, he informed me that they could be out as soon as 10 am to 12 pm tomorrow Tuesday, 7/12/2011. I then thanked him and hung up. Forgetting to ask the right questions I called back and got the same gentleman on the line. I asked if they were licensed, bonded and insured. He stated absolutely and even was kind enough to provide me with his ROC# without asking.

I then made the call to xxxxHBWC.

Kyle at xxxxHBWC 3:40 pm 7/11/2011

WO# xxxx677

I spoke with Kyle. I informed him (Kyle) that I had contacted a contractor and he stated to me that I was to have the contractor come out and then contact the authorization line. I told him (Kyle) that wasn’t going to be possible, because I had spoken with Yvonne earlier and we had come to the agreement that I would contact a contractor and then provide them (xxxxHBWC) with the contact information and they could have them (xxxx xxxx H&C) call me when things were arranged. He (Kyle) sounded surprised and then asks me, “Yvonne said that to you?” and I simply replied, yes. He then asked if he could place me on hold. I gladly agreed.

6 minutes waiting on hold.

After waiting I was finally reconnected to Kyle, who asked me for the name of the contractor. I told him the contractor was xxxx xxxx. He (Kyle) then said xxxx xxxx Heating and Cooling, rambled off the street address, and then I finished it for him by telling him the phone number was (xxx) 483-xxxx. He then proceeded to tell me contact them (xxxx xxxx H&C), but I cut him off stating that they (xxxxHBWC) could contact them and I would happily wait for a response. He (Kyle) then stated the work order has already been submitted to them, and that the new work order # was WO# xxxx677 since it had been submitted to this contractor (xxxx xxxx H&C). He then said something along the lines of, I should be expecting a call back, but I didn’t hear him and asked him if he had said to expect a call, and he (Kyle) told me “Yes, expect a call.” I then thanked him and ended the call.






Updated at 3:13 pm 7/11/2011
Yvonne at xxxxHBWC 2:44 pm 7/11/2011
I called back in reference to the voicemail that was left for me. I spoke with Yvonne, and told her I was contacted through voicemail and inquired about the issue with finding a technician. She stated due to being an emergency situation they(xxxxHBWC) would allow me to find my own ONC. I replied that, Michelle, had said I could use the yellow pages to find my own contractor, and I that I thought it hard to believe that they(xxxxHBWC) themselves couldn’t do the same.

She(Yvonne) then stated to me that they have a list of contractors who are affiliated with them(xxxxHBWC), and that when they go down the list and are left with no useable options they then will extend their search to other contractors. Yvonne noted at this time, Michelle, was still busy looking and had spoken with 4 contractors. They(the contractors) were unable to service my home due to the service area or their workload. 

I asked if the contractor I located was indeed lincensed and insured, what would stop them from denying the claim at the time the contractor contacted them with a quote of the necessary repairs. She(Yvonne) said, “Nothing, they would need to call the authorization line and get approval and then perform the repairs.” I then asked if they(xxxxHBWC) did deny the claim then I would be responsible for paying the service call to the technician, and that I could not afford to do such a thing. She(Yvonne) replied that no they would provide the same payments to an ONC that they would to their own contractors and I would be held responsible for only the Trade Fee of $60.

After thinking it over I then told Yvonne that I would in fact locate a technician, but when I did instead of him(the contractor) coming here I would return a call to xxxHBWC and give them the contact information. It would then be up to xxxxHBWC to contact the contractor and establish an agreement. I would then wish to be contacted to set the appointment. We said our goodbyes and ended the call.




Updated at 2:17 pm 7/11/2011
Michelle voicemail 1:50 pm 7/11/2011– from phone number (xxx) 294-xxxx

Authorization Division (xxx) 482-xxxx in reference to WO#xxxx227

Michelle states on the voicemail that they(xxxxHBWC) can’t locate a contractor to service my emergency in a timely manner. They again are offering me the option to use an ONC.  All I have to do is, if I have access to “yellow pages”, is find a licensed and insured  contractor. Once the contractor is at the house and figures out the issue and the costs to call them(xxxxHBWC) to their authorizations division.

My feeling at this moment is, with the ability to use venues such as Google.com, or Yahoo.com, or Ask.com, or even YellowPages.com, how is it a contractor can not be located near me. I am very skeptical about attempting to acquire my own contractor. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Original Posting Follows.

RC at xxxxHBWC 12:29 pm 7/10/2011 - Outward call contacted through Service Division
xxxx qualified contractor - xxxx contractors for short reference
(xxx) 437-xxxx


I was informed by RC that the above vendor would be contacting me within 4 hours to 24 hours at maximum time. Due to the outside temperatures reaching 101 degrees at 12:30 pm in my area of Arizona this was considered an emergency situation. Anything above 95 must be reported as such stated by RC.

Dana at xxxxHBWC 11:58 am 7/11/2011 - Outward call contacted through Service Division
I spoke with Dana. He(Dana) told me of the contractor(xxxx contractors) that they listed to me yesterday(stated above), was the contractor they had been in contact with. I informed him(Dana) that contact was not made to me. I stated that I was strictly instructed to let them(xxxxHBWC) provide the contractor. I declined to establish contact with the contractor(xxxx contractors) and that they should be contacted by xxxxHBWC and then contact me. He(Dana) retrieved an alternate phone number from myself, and then stated he would call me back.

Dana at 2-10 12:15 pm 7/11/2011 from phone number (xxx) 374-xxxx - xxxx state phone number.
I received a return phone call from Dana. He stated to me that the contractor(xxxx contractors - noted above) was the only contractor in their(xxxxHBWC) network in my area and that they(xxxx contractors) unfortunately do not service my specific area. He(Dana) told me that I was placed back in the queue for another contractor to be located and contacted. He also stated that he was extending the option of ONC, Out of Network Contractor.

I stated that was fine, but that I would wait for their(xxxxHBWC) people to find a suitable contractor, who should then contact me. This way I know that I was talking to someone who knew the situation and had indeed been in contact with xxxxHBWC.

I was told by Dana that due to having already waited through the 24 hour emergency period that this would be expedited, and if contact wasn’t established within another 4 hours to call them(xxxxHBWC) back. 






No comments:

Post a Comment